Friday, February 5, 2010

Hyperbole

In three short days, Lord willing, we leave for Orlando. I am really looking forward to a chance to be in some sunshine. On the rare, and boy do I ever mean rare, occasions when the sun peeks through the everlasting cloud cover of Michigan winter, I run to the windows, shove the cats out of the sunbeam they're basking in and soak it up. Every winter around this time I ask myself WHY? WHY DO I LIVE HERE? And the only thing I can come up with is that during the winter I can use the garage as a giant outdoor refrigerator. My Diet Mountain Dew stays crisp and cold and when I make a pan of baked ziti I can't fit in the kitchen refrigerator, I've got the whole of the outdoors at my fingertips. Take THAT, California.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Have a great time in sunny Florida! Remeber it may be warm and sunny here, but come July and August I will be crying for your perfect Michigan summer : )

Teresa said...

You should move to Colorado--4 seasons and lots and lots of gorgeous sunshine year round.

Janice said...

timely, very timely. It reminded me that I'd left the groceries in the car for the last 2 1/2 hours.

Seriously glad it's freezing out.