Friday, October 14, 2011

Top ten reasons I love Susannah



10.  The way she recoils in terror and makes the sign for scared when I show her a pumpkin.

9.  The fact that her meaty thighs were made for jeggings.

8.  The way she can eat through three pieces of raisin bread and a banana in the time it takes me to turn on a cartoon for her sisters.

7.  The sheer fury she reserves for diaper changes or commands to spit out crayon tips.

6.  Her wispy, fuzzy, duck-tailed hair


5.  The way she buries her head in my neck when I come to get her in the night.

4.  The determined way she swiftly unloads her dresser drawers, book shelves, wipes containers.

3.   The fact that she tries to muscle her way into every activity and heedlessly ignores the yells of her sisters to stop taking their puzzle pieces.

2.  The giant tombstone front teeth that she grins with.

1.  The thought that she is mine.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer! I want to squish those thighs.