Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lament for Ellis

My brother-in-law, Matt, is the oldest of three boys. His youngest brother, Tim, and his wife, Rebecca, are the parents of Ellis Timothy Henry, born early this morning and now in the eternal safety of his loving Heavenly Father's arms.

In 2 Samuel, chapter one, when David receives word that Saul and Jonathan have been killed in battle, he took up a lament for them, and ordered that all the men of Judah learn it by heart and all the daughters of Israel weep.

I wish I could legislate that everyone on earth take up a lament for the treasured and beloved Ellis. Weep with Tim and Rebecca for their little boy. Grieve for them because he is gone; not as those who have no hope, but as those who know that this is not how things should be.

Remember him.

3 comments:

susanswenton said...

sweet

Anonymous said...

I'm with you.

God bless precious Ellis and his Mommy and Daddy.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I agree. Without the Lord, our sorrows would be unbearable.
I just found your blog this morning, and I feel a real sisterhood link. I had two daughters, 3 years apart, and was able to stay home with them until they were in school. God bless you and your precious family. This is hard, exhausting work that is such a blessing in reflection. Do you have a MOPs group for support? I am a Mentor at our church group, and it is a wonderful support to young moms, especially first time ones. Keep up the good work, you blog is a delight.