Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My eldest daughter is my most unruly pupil. Today, during the time when we sit and read a Bible story together, I issued the usual instructions (hands to yourself, eyes on me, do your very best to ignore your baby sister who is sitting on top of the dining room table) and Frankie could not keep herself still or stop laughing out loud, sending Molly into gales of copy-cat giggles. After many fruitless attempts to regain their attention (then Moses turned the river to BLOOD! BLOOOD!), I sent Frankie up to her room for a time-out. When she came down, she looked unusually contrite. "Mom, I, um, I might have, I think, said that you were the worst mom in the whole world," she said, and her little face looked perilously close to tears. "But I told God I was sorry."

Not the lesson I was trying to teach, but a good one.

1 comment:

Janice said...

That is so funny! I love our little confessors. Dalton and Belle got in huge trouble for acting like wild dogs at the library yesterday and when Jason got home the first thing Dalton did was go tell him. Which earned the two of them another lecture from Daddy about behaving for Mommy.

And so glad I'm not the only one who ends up yelling, "BLOOD! BLOOD!" in a desperate attempt to regain control.