Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cousins



Matt, Molly, and Sylvie leave today. I will miss listening to Sylvie and Frankie talk to each other. A typical conversation goes like this:

Frankie: Want me to tell you a pretend story, Sylvie?
Sylvie: Yeth.
Frankie: About a frog or a bunny?
Sylvie: Lewis the Duck.
Frankie: That's not on the list.
Sylvie: Fwog.
Frankie: Once upon a time, there was a frog named Mama and he went into a house named Sylvie. [uproarious laughter on both sides] He pooped all over the place and then he cleaned it up. The end. [More uproarious laughter] You like that, Sylvie?
Sylvie: More (pronounced mow). Bunny one.

They can get each other giggling like mad but they spar frequently as well. We went to a movie one afternoon and left the girls with my parents. When we got back, Molly asked Frankie what she and Sylvie did while we were gone. "We played like crazy. I wanted the blue crayon....Sylvie wanted the blue crayon....So I put it in my pant leg....."
They also can bring out the worst in each other. Exhibit A:

Frankie starts to sit down in a little chair with zoo animals printed on it. Sylvie races over, knees bent in her signature caveman walk.
Sylvie: No, Fuh-rankie. It's MINE (rhymes with loin)!
Frankie: You want this chair, Sylvie?
Sylvie: Yeth.
Frankie: Well, you can't have it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard. This blog is HILARIOUS. You and Molly share your sense of humor entirely.

SDK said...

Hi Erin
I think you'll find that I far outstrip my sister in the humor department as well as in personal hygiene